Tuesday was the big first day of 'real' school for Daud. He was super excited to ride the bus and told me several times previous to this day, that he sure hoped he would learn to read when he went to school on Tuesday!
I was/am excited for him to go to Kindergarten too, and I have questioned my motherly emotions a lot because I have never really felt sad thinking about it. Anyway, I was slightly reassured that perhaps I'm a little more normal than I thought, as I actually had to take a big gulp and swallow my tears right back down when he got on the bus. I mean, look at him, such a small boy and a great big empty bus. (He is first on in the morning at 7:45) But mostly I was thinking that this was the first time we were sending him off into the world all by himself.
....this is how life goes, right. Its so much fun to see him get off the bus and run to the house with a big smile on his face, happy to see me and tell me all about his day!
Daddy stayed home for the big send off - he was gulping too, so i was glad he was here to hug real tight ;0)
bus driver- Mrs. Mclean
can barely see out the window
he made it to school, i was late and missed meeting the bus when it arrived at school, but i found him safe and sound in the Kindergarten room - no tears from him about it




2 comments:
When did that happen?! I just can't even believe he started kindergarten! What a big boy! Miss y'all!
great post from an great mom :)
Post a Comment