OUR LITTLE OLSEN FAMILY

Monday, August 30, 2010

The kids lately

We had a slight break from the intense heat here, the humidity went away for a few days, but its back now. In any case, the kids are a little bit crazy and grumpy, trying desperately to find ways to keep ourselves entertained at home :0) Listen to me, hey, life is just SO tough! We need some work to do around here! :0)

Anyway, Daudi is getting the picture now that basically he's not going to have any fun until we move to Rocanville. Then we can play outside ALL DAY LONG because it won't be so hot, and then we can go get ice cream during the day because it won't be Ramadan and then we can buy a new toy because it won't just have to be packed, etc. This is what we talk about everyday, everything happens in Rocanville. And Adair, well she's getting into heaps of her own trouble. The other day she figured out that if she lays flat on her belly she can slither her way under the gate at the bottom of the stairs. I heard her banging on the gate while i was setting the laundry outside and when I came in she was at the top of the landing looking back at me with a big grin as if she had just accomplished an amazing feat! She can go up the stairs no probs., its coming down that she hasn't mastered yet. Another new discovery for her is climbing up on the couches unassisted and then running up and down them, also not very safety oriented. Sigh...some peoples children.

Adair's new play house

Learning to brush her teeth. She's getting pretty good at it.


Daudi coloring in the lines (almost)


I had to post these pics because he's quite proud of himself and I am too. He must have actually learned this when he went to school for 2 weeks because he used to just scribble everywhere whenever I would try to color with him.

3 comments:

Michelle Service said...

can we move to Rocanville too? it sounds like lots of fun!!

CS said...

Nice coloring and nice pencil grasp Daudi!!! Hope Adair can't crawl into her "playhouse"!

Gina and Michael said...

I bet Daudi iss wishing he could go and see Gina and Kelsey these days! lol