I am supposed to be getting ready for our road trip to Dubai tomorrow, but I thought I'd better do a post on Adair before I forget. It seems that she has had a communication break through this last week and we are rather excited! Last week she learned how to blow kisses and this week she learned how to sign both 'please' and 'thank you'. The other night we were sitting at the supper table and she wanted her drink, so Jarv said to her 'say please' (while signing 'please', open palm making a circle on your chest) and she DID IT! The next day I gave her something and said 'say thank you' (while signing 'thank you', open hand moving away from your chin) and she DID THAT TOO! Since then she has repeated both signs many times :0)
I am especially excited about this as I had kind of given up on trying very hard to teach her to sign since before this week it didn't seem like she was getting it. I was WRONG, how happy to I am to say those words! :0) Anyway, she is slowly slowly learning to speak as well, but I think having the signs will allow her a much broader communication base until she learns to talk. She has learned to point and yell very well whenever she wants something, so this will certainly be a welcome skill!
Her spoken words at this time consist of:
1) Mama
2) Dada
3) Dauda (very excitedly, for Daudi)
4)Ba ba (for bye bye, with waving)
5) and a perfect 'Boo' when playing peek
6) And my very personal favorite...(this may sound like a stretch, but I'm the biased mother) last night, before bed, I picked her up to give her a hug and said to her 'I love you'. And she hugged me back, did her little pat-pat on my shoulder and said 'AHH-OOO'. So, I think I will count that as her 'I love you' :0)
Anyway, I know they are small things but they feel big to us! :0)
Blowing a kiss, had to catch it in 2 shots :0)
7 comments:
Awesome! Way to go Adair!
Awesome!! That is too cute... We need to teach Brooke something because right now all she does is yell.. (very loudly) MAAAMMMAAA... Although cute a couple of months ago is quickly getting old :)
That is no small thing! Keep on talking Adair!!! Can't wait to see you again!!
A. She sounds like she is doing great! We don't get Molly to say too much either - I think that it is different from child to child. Drew is finally talking all the time and never bothered much 'til he was nearly 3! Bet you nearly melted in a puddle when she did her version of I love you, I would have! M
yay!! way to go adair! can't wait to HEAR it instead of just reading about it. less than a month now!
Awwww! That's so awesome! Guess that's why they say, try & try again! It's amazing what time, attention & love can teach!
Just found this blog. Great to see pics of your family. All the best for your move back home. Jane
Post a Comment